Different Types of Credit Cards
The features and benefits of credit card may differ from company to company. This article highlights the common features of different types of credit cards.
Gold Credit Card:
- Cash withdrawal limit is higher
- Credit limit is higher
- Provides one Add-on card which can be given to either, spouse, children or parents of the credit card holder
- Provides many privileges such as travel insurance, reward points, cash back offers etc.
- Protection against credit card loss and theft.
- Protection against online fraud transactions
- Protection against sickness and injury by an accident.
- There is no yearly fee
- Lower membership fees
- The applicant need not be a high- salaried person to buy silver card.
- The interest rate is 0% initially between 6-9 months when transferring account balance from one credit provider to another one.
- If the credit history of the card holder is good, the credit limit provided will be the same as provided to other credit cards.
Business Credit card: This credit card is available for businessmen who have large scale, small scale or medium scale business to look after. This card is highly useful for facilitating businessman’s training programs, travel and entertainment programs.
Balance Transfer Credit Card: This card is bought to pay outstanding amount of one card with the other. In this too there are cards that offer interest-free time period.
- American Express Gold credit card
- Indian Overseas Bank Visa International Credit card
- Axis Platinum card
- Bank of India's India Card
- Gold International Card
- Citibank Dinners Club International card
- ICICI Bank Online card
- Syndicate Global Gold Credit Card
- CorpBank Gold card
- Vijaya Bank Visa Gold Credit Card
- HSBC Platinum card
- CorpBank Classic card
- Vijaya Bank VISA Classic International Card
- HDFC Silver credit card